Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Something New!

Sometimes I just want to throw my hair back and step into something new! Maybe not so gracefully done... But in a very specifically human way. And with my heartfelt zest! Yes! It could be interesting to step out of the usual ways. It also can be scary without the usual things to hold on to. But really maybe change can be better and much gentler and kinder than my imagination projects. And it's the kind of thing that might not change things much in the eyes of those around me, but for me it might be huge!

What if I were able to forgive the old grievance? Wouldn't that make a big difference in how I might step into tomorrow? And those around me might hardly notice such a thing. What if I could forgive myself for feeling that my existence on the planet was unworthy from childhood and into some of my adult years? Wouldn't that make a huge difference? And no one might know. Such big transformations can happen deep in someone's being! Be alert!

There is so much we don't know about one another! It's always amazing to sit down and talk to someone you think you know and find out something new. Such it is in a truly lived life. Find out what is going on in those around you that you think you already know. Life is not as boring as people think sometimes...

7 comments:

YogaforCynics said...

I've been thinking much the same thing--time to take some kind of step...but not the physical kind...like moving to another state, or finding a new line of work or new friends or a new relationship whatever...particularly since I know that kind of step often leaves things exactly where they were once the dust settles...

Word verification: ungope
And perhaps that's exactly the thing: to ungope yourself from past habits....

So where exactly do you find this wooden door in the middle of a field where you get these cool pics?

Brooks Hall said...

YogaforCynics, I can relate to what you're saying. And then I ask myself: How will I know when enough invisible change has happened to move forward? I suppose it will somehow be clear to me when I have "ungoped"...? I tell myself that the world around me might respond to internal changes, especially with the application of "doing something"... Especially if it is done differently... But, can I commit to this? Yikes. I can. Even if I fail numerous times...

My friends have the cool door in Michigan.

Eco Yogini said...

ungope exactly. i do also love the random door pic.

keeping that sense of curiosity and discovery. sometimes we become so jaded.

i'm ready too! (mine: soffen... soften my heart and open to what life offers..)

Bob Weisenberg said...

I like your line about "finding out what's going on in those around you".

I used to do use this idea to make the seemingly ordinary interesting. When you're in business you find yourself working closely with all kind of people you wouldn't even know otherwise.

I used to make a point of learning early on--What is this person passionate about? What do they get excited about? Sometimes I would just ask them straight-out--What would you do right now if you could do anything?

I almost always found something really interesting there. It might be something totally outside my experience or preference, and maybe even not to my liking. But it made almost any discussion, no matter how unpromising on the surface, really enjoyable.

Everyone has something they care deeply about and love talking about. You just have to dig a little to find it.

Linda-Sama said...

"There is so much we don't know about one another! It's always amazing to sit down and talk to someone you think you know and find out something new."

and it's always good to examine our own avidya about someone. it's so easy to assume things about people when the opposite might be true. this is something I have dealt with most of my life, people's perceptions/assumptions of me because I have rarely fit the status quo.

Laura said...

Brooks I love the door image...and you are so right...sometimes it's those subtle changes on the inside (just like in yoga) that allow for big shifts to happen...the stuff no one else might notice...but if we pay attention to our own internal growth...gradually others will begin to experience the change because our interactions with them will be different.

laura

Unknown said...

Hi Brook, me too I loved the picture of the door. It's so exciting to take a new step, to turn the page and move forward in a new direction. I know by experience : every time I start something without expectations and an open heard, all what I need comes toward me. One year ago I started a new adventure with my daughter (www.baostyle.net) and every time I let drop resistances and struggle, things flow easy and problems get magically solved.