Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Seane Corn Interview

This Speaking of Faith interview with Seane Corn blows me away. The free Podcast is wonderful!

Many readers of this blog know that I recently took a couple of programs with Seane Corn at Kripalu. I also wrote an entry for this blog every day I was there: October 9, October 10, October 11, October 12, October 13, October 14, October 15, October 16.

Seane Corn is doing great work as a yoga teacher, and great work in the world. In the past I've been wary of groups. I wasn't really a joiner, thinking I was either too unique or too screwed up to really be accepted anywhere. And I thought that for someone to be really popular that it would be necessary for information to be dumbed down for mainstream audiences. But meeting this super-popular media star yogi calls into question the stereotypes I was carrying. She facilitates an incredibly powerful yoga experience. You gotta check out this Podcast--if you're curious.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great interview. I love the video of her praying with the body movement

Eco Yogini said...

I think this podcast will defy my 'punk rockah' yogi attitude- which is great.
I LOVE Seane Corn and what she's doing in the world. :)

Thanks for linking this I look forward to listening tonight!

Scott said...

I became very impressed with Seane Corn after seeing this interview on Youtube and it's part 2... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE33fCWTcsM... off now to listen to the podcast...

Unknown said...

I'd just like to express my gratitude to you Brooks. I'm glad I discovered your blog. This interview is so good, I had to share it with my mother. Also, your post the other day inspired me to Facebook one of my teachers to express how thankful I was for her amazing guidance.

Linda-Sama said...

I remember a workshop I did at the MW Yoga Conference with her where she said she'd rather teach to the "two who get than to the 10 who don't", i.e, who get that yoga is about personal transformation. and yes, I adopted that as my own mantra....;)

my post on seanne:

http://lindasyoga.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-was-that-junkie-and-whore.html

Anonymous said...

Like you, I tend to look at the cult of the celebri-yogis and judge. I do.

The podcast is impressive. Seane is clearly very down to earth and genuine.

Some of what she said provides yet more grist for the mill.

Thanks for sharing!

roseanne said...

I love this interview, and I get something from it every time I listen. Seane Corn is truly an inspiration and motivator...

Teresa said...

I agree that Seane Corn takes yoga on and off the mat to a personified place that feels so genuine it is hard for it not to be inspiring. She has been able to create hatha yoga that is woven with karmic yoga in just the right measure. She is an example of how it is possible to connect action with passion and healing with movement--and everything in between. To be a yoga diva can be more than just a status but a real soapbox that can be used for a bigger purpose. Thanks for giving the link to the podcast! A great find!

Still jealous of your Kripalu journey :)! Can't wait to get back there again someday!

Teresa

Matt Helmick said...

Thanks, Brooks. I have learned a lot from this "uneducated woman." Seane Corn is amazing--she has used her own yoga experience and compassion to create a better world for others.