Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Going on Vacation


Yeah! I'm leaving for my vacation at Kripalu on Friday. I've been there twice before. The first time I went there was just a few months after I started studying at the Yoga Circle with Gabriel Halpern. On his bio page I studied his travel schedule and made the plans before I told him. It was fun and magical to learn at Kripalu. There is so much to tell about that trip, it might have to wait for another entry (or my future book). Early last summer I also went there for a LifeForce yoga training. It was a powerful experience. This time I'm going for vacation. I love hiking in the Berkshires and hot tubbing (I hope I still have the courage to do the cold plunge!) in between yoga and eating. Wonderful. And I'm going to do two back-to-back programs with Seane Corn: Oct 9–12, Detox Flow: A Weekend Workshop for Purification of Body, Mind, and Spirit, and Oct 12–16, From Movement to Manifestation: A Vinyasa Flow Intensive. I think I'm going to work hard. And I've made plans to meet BlissChick who is there now. So as long as timing works out we'll meet on Friday. The idea of meeting another of my blog friends is exciting!

It's likely that I will do some blogging from Kripalu, but here are some interesting reads, anyway (just in case I don't do much):


Thanks for the blog love! Bon voyage!

11 comments:

jaxcat369 said...

Have fun on vacation Brooks. I just took a class with Patrina today at Yoga Circle. It was nice to be back. A mini vacation for me. Really got my mind right.
XO-Jackie J

Brooks Hall said...

Thanks, Jackie! Yeah, Yoga! XO

Anonymous said...

Have a blast and say hi to BlissChick for me! :)

Bob Weisenberg said...

Enjoy yourself.

I've never been to Kripalu, but I feel like I have because Stephen Cope's descriptions are so vivid in "Yoga and the Quest for the True Self" and "The Wisdom of Yoga".

If you run into Cope, please tell him you know a really big fan of his in Milwaukee.

Bob Weisenberg
YogaDemystified.com

YogaforCynics said...

Oh, how I wish I were going to Kripalu...but I'm not...but I feel good for you...have a great time!

Linda-Sama said...

cool! I will get to Kripalu one of these days....Stephen Cope was a guest teacher at my first retreat at Spirit Rock and I think he's brilliant! want to take one of his workshops...and if I wasn't saving every dime for India, I'd be there with Mark Whitwell right now!

enjoy....

roseanne said...

Yay, yoga vacation! Have fun. I've also always wanted to go to Kripalu. It sounds like a wonderful place. And it's cool that you did the Lifeforce training there... I've been curious about that practice (I'm big fan of Amy Weintraub, her book got me through some dark patches in my life).

Brooks Hall said...

Thanks, everybody!

Tina said...

This is super-exciting! Especially Seane Corn! I *heart* her and the pieces I get of her from time to time are pure and raw inspiration. I look forward to hearing (reading) all about it when you return...

Tina

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my blog on yours! I am so jealous of your training experience at Kripalu! I am sure you are having a wonderful time! I am hoping to get back there again in the not so distant future...in the meantime I will live vicariously through those that have made the trip :)--Enjoy the amazing experience of learning with Sean Corn and please blog all about it on your return! And enjoy meeting up with Ms. BlissChick--two great blogging yoginis in the same place :)!

Yoga Spy said...

I just discovered your blog because it linked to mine in this post. How do you do;-)

Please write about your experience at Kripalu. Are the groups large or small? Is there much solo time? How would you describe the vibe?

I have mixed feelings about group retreats (stay tuned for a blog post on the subject!) but I'm ever game for another taste.

Best,
Yoga Spy
www.yogaspy.wordpress.com