Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some yoga blogs that happened this week.


Roseanne at It’s All Yoga, Baby did a great round-up of the “maelstrom of discussion” around Judith Hanson Lasater’s letter to Yoga Journal. Very worth reading, especially if you got caught up in the flow like I did...

I disagree very much with the way Waylon Lewis ended his interview with Judith Hanson Lasater:
We’ll be glad to put this behind us, at least for now. It’s the kind of question that will probably, and should probably come up from time to time.
I am not ready to put “behind me” some of the really important points Ms. Lasater brought up in her letter to Yoga Journal. After having awareness raised, is it really a good idea to try to hide the fruits of that inquiry? I was glad to be reminded that I care about the production of images in our culture and how they affect us. Thank you Judith Hanson Lasater!!

And here’s some comic relief from YogaDawg. Thanks, YogaDawg, I needed that laugh!

Other great blogs from this week:

Astanga Thuggees from Bindy Fry's Itty Bitty Brain Basket: Read it to find out what the heck that means…

Roadmaps for the Soul from Yoga for Cynics.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the Thuggees great?

YogaforCynics said...

I've mostly been keeping out of the maelstrom--and, having just deleted a sentence or two, am continuing to.

I do wanna say something in defense of Waylon at Elephant, though--which is that, while I often find stuff he writes disagreeable--and say so--he's also exceptionally open (far more than I'd likely be if I were running a magazine) to disagreement, and even comments and articles dedicated to pointing out how wrong he is(I'm amazed he still has anything to do with me, for instance). So, while he may express a desire for the issue to go away, I'm sure he's not gonna hide any efforts by you, Roseanne, or anyone else to keep it alive at Elephant.

Thanks yet again for the blog luv, Brooks!

Yogadawg said...

Thanks for the mention, Brooks. Glad to know you have a sense of humor. My best.

roseanne said...

thanks for the link luv, brooks!

i was also dismayed by waylon's comment, but i've to interpret it as putting "this chapter" of the conversation behind us. the past week has been intense for me, and i'm glad that things have cooled down a bit. but in no way do i hope this conversation is over. i'm actually looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

and i think dr jay is right, that any efforts anyone will make to resurrect this issue on elephant will be welcomed.

Brooks Hall said...

Thanks, Everybody!

YogaforCynics and Roseanne: Yes, Waylon's comment is open to interpretation, and he let me know that he is open to more articles on the topic...