Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Blog Savasana




"she was just resting, a career savasana."
-New York Times on Demi Moore AR 11, 4-18-2010

I was thrilled to read the above in the paper recently. Apparently, the term "savasana" is considered mainstream enough to be used casually in the Sunday paper. How cool.

Dear Readers, I'm writing to let you know about a planned blog savasana. For the month of May in 2010 I will not be blogging (but I will be teaching.), and you can expect that I'll check back into this blog with a new entry on June first.

Years ago, when I worked for a digital printing company that offered variable data printing options we talked about the new Online business. There was a part of a store that might be Web-based (it was all new then). And there was a part of the store that was referred to as bricks-and-mortar. This was the warehouse or the part of store that was housed in a building. I find myself needing to focus on the bricks-and-mortar, and flesh-and-blood part of my life.

Blogging has been so fun. I love it! It feeds the expansive dreamy part of my passionate being. Hopefully, I'll come back to this in June as a more balanced blogger.

Cheers! And enjoy the voluminous content already posted here.

Love,
Brooks


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Well put! The bricks and mortar parts of my life are definitely calling (LOUDLY) to me right now. Though I won't be taking a blog savasana, I am considering how I approach all that I currently do.

Thank you for adding this next layer to my thinking.

And...your voice will be missed during the month of May; I look forward to your return and to all that you bring back with you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooks, enjoy your bloggy break. I'm sure you'll find it very refreshing, but that it'll also inspire you to write again once more when your blog savasana is over. Take care til then! xo

YogaforCynics said...

You're doing what???????!!!!!!!!

Ah well, you will certainly be missed, and lots of people will be eagerly awaiting your return in June.

Elize said...

indeed, enjoy & rest well :) looking forward to your return in June!

Anonymous said...

Cool that savasana is used in the paper! You surely will be missed in the blogosphere =) All the best until next post.
Namaste,
Maria

Eco Yogini said...

we'll miss you, but like you say- Balance is key!

Enjoy May and look forward to 'seeing' you on twitter (unless you are taking a twitter savasana too!).

Blessings!
Lisa

roseanne said...

have a great savasana! this will give me a chance to catch up on your backlog. i hope you come back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!

Y is for Yogini said...

May your Savasana refresh + renew you and bring you back to us when you are ready. xoxo :)

Emma said...

enjoy the break!

It's A Yoga Thang said...

Enjoy samatva "balance"!

Laura said...

May your rest be deep, nurturing and healing...may your presence in the tangible parts of your life provide you with all that you need at this time. We will miss your online presence.

gentle steps